Last reviewed: January 2023
360 Virtual Tour Co. (“360 Virtual Tour Co.”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to implementing and promoting equal opportunities in its activities, services and practice. We realise that discrimination exists in society (whether or not protected by law), and believe that this prevents potential and ability from being realised in young people and others.
360 Virtual Tour Co. will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of:
● Gender or gender reassignment
● Sexual orientation or identity
● Ethnic or national origin
● Partnership status or home responsibility
● HIV or AIDS status
● Political or religious belief
● Trade union activity
● Socio-economic background
● Refugee or asylum seeker status
As a provider of a service, 360 Virtual Tour Co. accepts the responsibility to promote equal opportunities and challenge discrimination wherever it occurs. This document sets out the main consequences of this commitment and the action to be taken in order to achieve equal opportunities.
360 Virtual Tour Co. recognises that some users of its services may, because of their past or present distress or illness, say or do things which would otherwise be unacceptable and incompatible with the Equal Opportunities Policy. 360 Virtual Tour Co. will do all it can to challenge such behaviour. In cases where intervention is possible a gentle approach will be adopted which aims to alter attitudes and behaviour while maintaining support for the distressed client.
360 Virtual Tour Co. realises that a genuine commitment to equal opportunities must operate on all levels:
● 360 Virtual Tour Co. will prevent unfavourable treatment, directly or indirectly, upon individuals from any group facing discrimination in its recruitment and deployment of volunteers. Recruitment, promotion and other selection exercises such as redundancy selection will be conducted on the basis of merit, against objective criteria that avoid discrimination.
● Shortlisting of candidates should be done by more than one person, if possible.
● Where discrimination does occur, it will be dealt with through the agreed procedures. This will be achieved by following the 360 Virtual Tour Co. Equal Opportunities Policy.
● 360 Virtual Tour Co. will seek to prevent discrimination and ensure equal representation in the services it provides, the structures that it facilitates and the practice through which it carries out its work. This involves the development of greater diversity in the management committee, networks and membership, to ensure a genuinely wide representation.
2.1 The management committee of 360 Virtual Tour Co. has overall responsibility for the effective operation of this policy and any necessary training on equal opportunities. However, all volunteers and service users have a duty as part of their involvement with 360 Virtual Tour Co. to do everything they can to ensure that the policy works in practice. Those responsible for recruiting volunteers to work in 360 Virtual Tour Co. projects are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of the Equal Opportunities Policy and adhere to it while working as volunteers.
2.2 360 Virtual Tour Co. will bring to the attention of all volunteers and service users the existence of this policy, and will provide such training as is necessary to ensure that the policy is effective and that everyone is aware of it.
2.3 If any service user or volunteer feels that they have been, or are being discriminated against, in any way, they are entitled to pursue the matter with the management committee.
2.4 All instances or complaints of discriminatory behaviour will be treated seriously. Serious cases of deliberate discrimination may amount to gross misconduct resulting in dismissal.
2.5 A complainant must not be victimised or retaliated against for complaining about discrimination. However, complaints or allegations of an unfounded or malicious nature will also be treated as serious.
3. DISABLED ACCESS
3.1 360 Virtual Tour Co. will endeavour to ensure, as far as is practicable, that all the premises it uses have disabled access. When considering new premises, every effort will be made to ensure such premises are fully accessible.
4. USE OF LANGUAGE
4.1 Volunteers and service users should avoid and challenge the use of language which, in any way, belittles anyone.
4.2 Where the language used has a personal impact on others, and it has been made clear to the person concerned that their use of such language is unwelcome and/or offensive, disciplinary action may be taken if they persist with it.
4.3 All materials used or developed by 360 Virtual Tour Co. will be judged in the light of the promotion of equal opportunities, and those considered to be discriminatory will not be used.
5. SEXUAL HARRASMENT
5.1 No volunteer or service user should be subject to sexual harassment.
5.2 This is interpreted as unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature including:
● verbal sexual abuse
● physical contact
● repeated remarks which an individual finds offensive
5.3 If it has been made clear to the person concerned that their behaviour is unwelcome and they persist with it, then the service user or volunteer who is the recipient of the behaviour will be entitled to make a formal complaint.
6. PART-TIME AND FIXED WORK
6.1 Part-time and fixed-term employees should be treated the same as comparable full-time or permanent employees and enjoy no less favourable terms and conditions (on a pro-rata basis where appropriate), unless different treatment is justified.
7.1 The Policy will be constantly reviewed by the management committee to ensure that no member of the group is put to a disadvantage either, directly or indirectly. This monitoring will apply to the practices of staff and volunteers, the member organisation, the composition of the Committees and the provision of services.
It is the responsibility of every individual to eliminate discrimination and to ensure the practical application of this policy.
If you have any questions about our Policy or your own personal information, please send an email to email@example.com.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis.